Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 2.309: Footwear optional?


This afternoon, we visited Peebles Island State Park and had a nice - if fairly short - walk. At our turning-back point I made everyone stand around while I tried to get a group shot. During the 12 second timer for one of the shots the camera rolled off the top of the camera bag where it was perched on my too-small tripod. Fortunately the only damage was to my family's sanity as I made them wait for another shot.

On the way out, I ran ahead with the girls at one point. Our wait for Exile #2 and E5N1 gave me more opportunities to take some pictures!

On the way back, E5N1 decided that he wanted to walk (I offered my shoulders as an alternative) - fair enough. He also refused to wear his boots. Not only is it mid-November in Upstate New York, but it was a gravel path. He wouldn't be dissuaded, so we let him - raising a few comments (mostly amused rather than critical) from other groups as they walked past.

Well, what would you have done?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!