Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 4.202: Beach rescue


We packed up camp this morning and went down to the beach.  It was not a long journey - about half a mile across the state park.  We had the sand to ourselves when we got there although a few other people arrived once the lifeguards 'opened' the beach.

While we were swimming, Exile #4 called me over to show me a butterfly floating on the surface.  It turned out to be alive but injured.  We brought it to dry land, but I suspect its flying days were already behind it either way.

The rest of our short beach visit were filled with normal lake-beach summer activities but all too soon it was time to leave and head home.

By the way, I have updated the picture from yesterday and the text-formatting from the last two days.  Emailing in posts from my phone is a great option to have - but a little basic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!