Saturday, September 8, 2012

Day 5.242: Slow-motion


It was a long-run day today.  I would say 'as normal' but it turns out that the last time I did a normal long run on a Saturday was August 4th (or should I say Day 5.207?)

This weeks runs have all been slow.  It's a mixture of increased miles (46 in each of the last two weeks) and, this week, a little discomfort in one of my legs that has had me a little concerned.  Probably inevitable pre-race jitters turning a very little something into a bigger one, but taking it slowly for a week is a good compromise.

In other slow-moving news, after the kids recreated this when we found ourselves at the same stairs at Berkshire Botanical Gardens on Labor Day (Day 5.237), I realised that I could use the same feature on the camera to capture the moment when a butterfly opens its wings to fly away.  In the past I have spent fruitless attempts to so just that with a still camera.  Fortunately there were some very obliging monarch butterflies in one section of the gardens.

Here's my best clip:



Quite satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!