Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 2.198: Pressing the right buttons

The other day, E5N1 picked up the little Canon camera and started fiddling with the settings. When Exile #2 discovered him, he had the camera in a never-before-used mode. This is the picture that she took of him SOOC (straight-out-of-camera) as they say. You may need to expand it to enjoy its full not-black-and-whiteness.

Today he came to find her again after having a minute or two at the computer desk and said "Press button - all gone now!". It was some relief to discover that he had found the power switch on the monitor rather than anything more terminal.

To celebrate, here's an easy quiz - well it seems easy to me now, but I did take some time to recognise these items in the junk-art exhibit on Saturday. I'm sure you'll all be much quicker to work it out.

6 comments:

  1. Just to redeem myself from those last few spot the differences, I reckon these are record player styluses (or is it styleye?!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite right - and as you can see from today's post, the fact that I took my time working it out is even more embarrassing as I had some context to help me work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was going to say garden strimmers. but won't know because you've revealed the answers and i don't want to seem stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who can't recognise these 'CD-player' components. Although you did have the lack-of-scale-information issue to deal with. Unlike me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was looking from a totally different context (and scale too) as I was thinking Metal Detector. We just got one for Jakob's birthday you see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha - yes they look just like tiny (or perhaps tinny-) detectors. Has he found anything interesting yet?

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!