Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 215: Close shave

We had one of our remaining moving-in tasks done today when someone came to fit gutters along most of the unguttered sections of roof and to redirect a down-pipe that was sending water running along the foundations of the house when it rains.

While this was going on, Exile #3 fell down the stairs. She is fine, but you may be able to see that she has the makings of a black eye - only the morning will tell if it will live up to its promise.

Later on, Exile #3 and Exile #4 made pictures from shaving foam, squirted paint and cocktail sticks (to mix it around). It looks like fun and apparently kept them entertained for a good while this afternoon.

I managed my first 1 km swim this evening - 30 minutes non-stop. So I'm feeling quite virtuous. I'm trying to keep smug at bay though - I've still got plenty of work to do on my swimming and my waistline.

2 comments:

  1. We hope Exile#3 is OK today.
    Congratulations on the swim.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no.. Poor exile #3. I am glad she is ok besides a few bumps and bruises.

    The art project does look like fun... can I be a kid again??

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!