Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 212: Going native

Exile #2 took this picture today of an enthusiastic US citizen visiting the Liberty Island.

It came about after they were talking about what the shell looked like - and someone said that it looked like the Statue of Liberty's torch.

I have also been going native. Talking to one of my colleagues just arrived from the UK, I said something about driving through 'road work' (see Day 125) - and only realised that it was an Americanism afterward (!). Later I stopped mid-sentence because I couldn't decide whether to say "windscreen" or "windshield". What's happening to us all?

As advertised yesterday, we have had a very wet day, with rain starting in the early hours and only stopping this afternoon. After tea, I inflated the splashy-splash and tipped most of the water off it. Hopefully it will soon recover its bouncy-bounceness tomorrow. Meanwhile I have been thinking about indoor activities and wondering whether I should buy an amplifier rather than a mains-transformer for my Cambridge Audio one. As part of my search I ended up distracted and looking at this product and thought I'd like to see a larger image, so I clicked on the 'See larger image' link - try it for yourself - I got exactly what I was promised.

2 comments:

  1. It might not be per se larger, but without the clutter of life around it, I found so much more to contemplate, that it had a clarity which startled me. The unexpected purity of the image it projected persuaded me that its powerful potential should be investigated, and in fact, I felt that although the actual image was not magnified, the resulting effect of the spatial void was to greatly increase the impact of the product on my consciousness beyond anything one could rationally have thought possible.
    I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent - oh how I laughed! What a fine piece of equipment. Good job I'm getting my eyes tested tomorrow though.

    Great to be keeping in touch (at least from your direction - sorry about that!). Hope the leadership experience is standing you in good sted for the new church. Sounds an exciting prospect.

    Nicola

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!