Thursday, December 25, 2008

Day 1.349: Snow? Shoes!

We had a very nice Christmas Day - I hope you did too. Ours included Skype conversations with our families in the UK, a fantastic Christmas Dinner (it's a British thing a bit like Thanksgiving Dinner but more alcoholic) cooked by Exile #2, presents, games, toys and fun.

Yesterday we went snow-shoeing at Five Rivers. Here is the evidence (the people in the office were worried about me shoeing with E5N1 on my back so they sent me out with the poles. In the end the girls' stamina was more of an issue, but we had fun for 40 minutes or so.

The day before, we were going out to play in the snow in our own yard, I supervised everyone getting dressed up in snow-pants, coats, hats gloves etc. I went outside. A minute or two later Exile #2 let E5N1 out of the front door. He stood on the top step and started looking a bit uncertain.

"Do you need me to help you down the steps?" offered Exile #2, a little surprised.

"He's lost a boot!" said Exile #3 approaching from the other side.

"No - he hasn't got his boots on!" realised Exile #2 - he was all dressed up for the cold but had bare feet. Ouch!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!