Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 2.344: Midwinter Graces

The picture is another one from my little session with E5N1 yesterday. My one vote as to whether my Flickr visitors prefer the black-and-white or the colour version was for this one, so there you go. Other opinions are welcome of course.

We started the day with a tidy-up session around the house and our musical accompaniment was Tori Amos' Midwinter Graces, which I wrote about in passing before we had listened to it. Today, it was playing upstairs and downstairs, but out of sequence, so whenever I went from one floor to the other I was surprised by what was playing.

We are all loving this album. Our favourite tracks are A Silent Night With You, Harps of Gold, Star of Wonder and the lovely Holly, Ivy and Rose, but to be honest, there aren't many wrong steps here. Maybe I could have done without the Big Band-by-numbers of Pink And Glitter, but who knows, maybe that will grow on me. In any case, the whole track-listing has been on repeat for most of the weekend and it's still going strong for us. If you want something new to play this holiday season and you have a taste for alternative rock and traditional carols and don't mind them mixing in an unholy cocktail, this could be for you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!