Friday, September 23, 2011

Day 4.256: Test result 50%

A few days ago, a colleague - who is a keen runner and training for a marathon at the moment - suggested I might take a day out of my 10K training programme to run a 5K race.

The race was the Watervliet Arsenal City Run. We ran it this evening (with another colleague and about three hundred other people). He took approximately two thirds of the time that I did but we were both happy with our times.

The threatened rain was coming down quite hard as I finished and may or may not have dampened the after-race festivities. I don't know as I decided to leave hot, sweaty, rained-on and happy to get home in time to say goodnight to the kids and eat sushi with Exile #2.  Not a bad way to end the work week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!