Monday, September 19, 2011

Day 4.252: I never meant to run...

When I visited the doctor for my 'well visit' in July I was, if I'm honest hoping for some credit for my efforts in losing some weight.  I didn't get any.  Instead I received some 'encouragement' to find a way to get some more exercise.

So, to my active but rarely cardiovascularly-taxing lifestyle I started to add some intentional exercise.

Then came our trip to the UK.  I didn't have access to much in the way of options but I was determined to keep something up, so I took my rather sad old running shoes:


and attempted some running.  As I expected, it was terrible but I kept at it, only missing a couple of days over the first week.  By the time we found ourselves in Oxfordshire, it was starting to make a bit more sense and I realised I was running more than two miles before breakfast - and even quite enjoying it.

I haven't stopped (I don't mean in a Forrest Gump sort of way, I just have been continuing to go for regular runs).  I did upgrade my footwear a bit though and started following a training plan.


Today, I registered to run a 10K.  I'm not quite sure how any of this happened, but thanks for letting me see if it made sense in the telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!