Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day 2.066: Over the top?

I took this picture at the Kidz Expo a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure if E5N1 is yawning or surprised. It was the closest I could come to to the extreme levels of bad-taste I am about to relate.

Back in October, I enjoyed sharing the joys of the Christmas catalogue from Oriental Trading. Well, now it's Easter and they have outdone themselves with their "Inspirations: A Celebration of Faith" catalogue.

From the unfortunate - even when really carefully punctuated - it doesn't-mean-that-in-British-English of:
"Smile! Jesus Loves You!" Suckers.
to the meaningless tie ins, including the
"Jesus Lights The Way" Flashing Bouncing Balls
and
"Catch The Spirit" Flying Stars.

From the 'I think you missed the point' of Lamb cuddly-toys wearing "Lamb of God" T-shirts to the frankly disturbing Jesus Child Costume (with optional 'Biblical Brown' child wig and beard and/or 'Child Crown of Thorns'). Who thought this stuff was a good idea?

But I think my favourite of the day is the wonderful incongruity of:
"Smile! Jesus Loves You!" Bookmarks With Wiggle Eyes.
Father Easter says buy, buy, buy (and let's see those eyes wiggle).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!