Thursday, March 26, 2009

Day 2.075: Face to face

Way back on Day 245, I told you about being in this situation face-to-face with a truck apparently either driving or parked on the wrong side of the road.

The reality is less exciting (as you can see if you click or mouse-over).

Exile #2 had her last reading lesson today. If she graduated, she'll maybe read this blog entry and let us know - I didn't have the chance to discuss it with her as I have been out with colleagues eating and drinking beer. Sometimes work just overflows into the evening, but we have to take these bitter pills* from time to time.

*I should probably say 'IPA pills' or maybe 'pils'.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know IPA existed in the States? I thought it was all just fizzy tasteless lager ;-)

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad someone took the beer-bait! Actually this area has some very good small breweries making some very good (and flavorful) beers. It's just the major manufacturers who seem to think that beer should taste of nothing. Last night, we were at a non-chain restaurant/pub/brewery (one of my colleagues was able to organise it :-) ) and I was drinking their own home-brewed IPA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The OJ was a bit watery mind you.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!