Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 2.156: Fun and farewell

Here is a picture and a video from our rather excellent Sunday afternoon. The water was cool, but it's still the first half of June after all.


My work week started with news of the worst kind. A friend, former colleague and reader of this blog died at the weekend completely unexpectedly and far too young. One time I was in contact with him a while back he said, with characteristic candour, that I was "driving him mad with the f***ing pop puns" - sorry mate! I can hardly believe that he's gone and my heart goes out to his wife and three boys.

Early this evening a line of thunderstorms came though and deluged the area with heavy rain and hail accompanied by some impressive thunder and lightning. Fortunately as I was about to leave work to try and beat it home I remembered my own advice "Next time maybe I'll wait it out at work" and so I had a relatively uneventful end to the day - which was just fine with me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your news. You, and your friends family, are in my prayers.

    A

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!