Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 2.205: We did it!

I got home from work a bit earlier than usual today and managed to get the grass cut since it had been the first all-dry day for some time.

Later, I showed the girls how to make a strong square from the Magneatos and suggested they build a tower. Their first attempt collapsed when adding the fourth layer, so I pointed out that the squares they were forming on the sides needed diagonal strengtheners too and they were able to build this - only stopping because they ran out of pieces.

My main achievement for the evening has been finishing off collating the information for my UK tax return. I'm sure not even the girls' smiles can match my relief and joy at clicking 'submit' at the end of that process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!