Friday, August 13, 2010

Day 3.215: Give the blog a bone!

It's always nice when fate delivers blog material to me on otherwise relatively uninteresting days.

I went back to work today and did a reasonable job of fighting off jet-lag for a few hours. It being Friday, we went out for lunch and, it being a warm-but-not-hot sunny day, we went to one of our favourite sit-outside venues - McGreivey's in Waterford.

Unfortunately, it wasn't their finest hour today - four out of eight plates were delivered to the wrong people and my spicy chicken sandwich contained a large piece of bone (well, I say 'piece', two sides of the breaded 'filet' were defined by the cut sides of a large bone). Oh well, at least it means it was made of a slice of chicken rather than re-formed I suppose.

To be fair, the dishes that were interchanged did look very similar and the waiter did offer me some recompense for my discomfort in biting into a chicken bone. Maybe I'll take him up on his offer to cash it in at a later date as today we were ready to get back to work and my brain was not fully in gear.

The fact that I did not take a picture of the bone is further evidence of my diminished state. Fortunately I am able to offer this reconstruction of the event:


With thanks to locals for his picture of me - in situ after the plates were cleared, Flickr user theimpulsivebuy for his sandwich and Flickr user unclefuz (Joey Yee) for his chicken bone.

I haven't forgotten about yesterday's gross-out pop-quiz.  Keep the guesses coming and I'll enlighten you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!