Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 3.232: Live Free or Die


This is two views of the Connecticut River from the museum on Saturday. The trees in the distance are in New Hampshire. I took both pictures from the same place (approximately) with the same camera and lens.

One of the things that impressed me about the museum was the absence of nickel-and-diming around the place. For instance, they had one of those coin-rolling gravity well things - purely for the science - pennies were provided and having fallen into the base, were released to be used again. Normally these are 'donation' boxes - they certainly never fail to receive a donation from my pocket via my children's hands.  I don't even begrudge it - but I'm impressed that there was no question of that here.

The picture is another example - taken through the eyepiece of one of those binocular landscape viewers - and my quarters stayed in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!