Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Day 4.029: Are you talking to me?

This has been staring at me at work on and off for the last week or so.


"Learn how to use Skype" it says.

Well, I may or may not qualify as an expert user but I am certainly a long-term one.  I created this account (that I use at work) in 2006 - which may or may not make me an early-adopter but there were definitely not 28 million people online then.  We created a second account soon afterwards so that I could use it to call home when I was travelling.

Since then it has been our main phone line (for about 6 months) and the main way we communicate with our families back in the UK (video calling).

So, is there something I can still learn about how to use it?  Almost certainly.  Did this piece of targetted marketing miss its mark?  I'd say yes - but I am talking about it so perhaps the last laugh is on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!