Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 4.326: Parking, cooking and counting

For the second week in a row I went with a group of colleagues to attempt lunch in Troy. Last time was last Wednesday - on that occasion, we found a parking space about three blocks from our intended venue and had a very nice meal at a new place. Today, we drove four blocks and then gave up and left.

It can't be good for business - I have no idea what's going on although I suspect someone knows. Before you dismiss this as the opinion of a suburban car-lover, I lived in Cambridge, England for six years so I know about city centres with no parking, but I feel that the nature of the clientele in Troy is such that a parking space within half a mile of your door is probably a good thing for your cafe.

Anyway, our second choice had actually been our original plan for today, so we happily crossed the river to venture to the Black Cat in Cohoes. I had the fish-and-chip special and it was excellent as usual.

We were slightly bemused to find this out the back:


Let's just assume that the cooking oils qualify as edible while they're being used for cooking shall we?

Finally, I have to report that I discovered not one, but two errors with my day-counting this year.  So several posts have been renumbered.  Apologies to all my many title-number-aware readers who might be disturbed by this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!