13 years ago:
- There was no Blogger or WordPress.
- I wasn't a parent.
- Home dial-up internet access was a luxury item.
- I had never used Google to search for something (remember AltaVista?)
- Mark Zuckerberg hadn't even gone to college never mind started Facebook.
- I had never had a mobile phone.
- It wasn't too embarrassing to describe the features introduced in ISO 14882:1998 as "new C++" (I was still hearing this less than 5 years ago though!)
- I'd never worn a cleanroom suit.
It's been a long journey, we've been through a lot together, but it has come to an end.