Monday, March 12, 2007

Day 61: Size of a melon


Here is Exile #4 wondering how big the baby is compared with a chunk of watermelon. Or maybe musing on how similar in shape the melon and Mummy's belly are. Or maybe commenting on the fruit-coordinating colours in Exile #2's top.

Today I had a trip out of town to visit some customers, it was two and a half hours drive each way, so I had plenty of time to myself. For the first part of the journey I was listening to a local radio station and their phone-in feature where listeners comment on a tricky situation sent in by a member of the public. Today it was "Should I let my boyfriend travel out of town two weeks before our baby is due?" Now why would that catch my attention?

Anyway, Exile #5/Native #1 has not made an appearance, and I have made it back safely so I'm in the clear about that at least.

The other interesting coincidence was that I read an article about the science community shunning Web 2.0 (social networks, wikis and the like). Now I am no longer part of the science community and and I have had a very small part in the creation of two interactive websites, I am a member of an on-line group or two, so I had no reason to take this to heart. However, when within 24 hours of reading the article, I received two separate invitations to join some web-based social communities, I did wonder if I should dip my toe in the water and now I have. The one I've joined now seems to claim to be 'for teens like you' so I may not be exactly their target audience. Then again, Web 1.0 didn't even exist when I was a teenager, so maybe my time is now after all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!