Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 1.174: Cave Insectum!

Sorry Dad - I probably got the declension wrong, but at least I tried!

This critter is indeed an insect - not as we first thought when we found it in our basement last night - a spider. It turns out that despite being a cricket with long antennae this one is not a katydid like we saw last year, but a camel cricket (also known as a cave cricket). There's no need to beware of them except their ability to jump!

After sharing a fair amount of Exile #3's driveway art (after this, the next one was too long to photograph successfully), I thought I should share some of Exile #4's. Not quite on the same scale. I suspect it's E5N1, although she did a portrait of me this evening which was very similar.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I wondered what the apology was for because I hadn't at first read the heading!
    However, none was needed. Insectum is the latin for insect , though not in my small dictionary to which you can imagine me going to straightaway!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!