Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Day 146: Diesel be a rare sight

When I bought my TDI Jetta, I didn't really think much about it. It is a nice car, with a noisy (but not excessively so) engine, good fuel economy (hopefully) etc. What I didn't realise is that (due to the basically free nature of 'gas' here, no-one drives diesel cars. And as a result most of the 'gas stations' in car-driving areas (i.e. off the highway) don't sell it.

Ah well, I eventually managed to limp in to one that did where I caused a few raised eyebrows and as I returned from paying for my weird fuel I overheard the end of a conversation: No, the nozzle's too big. I imagine that the conversation started with concern that I'd just filled my petrol-engined car with a tankful of diesel.

These'll be goslings outside my work - another rare sight.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!