Monday, December 8, 2008

Day 1.332: Serve chilled

It was rather cold waiting for the school bus this morning. I know - it's December what do I expect, I also know that it's cold in the UK too but when the wind blows - it's really cold.

The local meteogram tells me it was about six degrees when I took this picture. It nearly made it up to twenty degrees this afternoon. That's -14 °C rising to -7 °C for the metric readers. No wonder the Hudson was frozen-over this morning. It doesn't quite look like it did 677 days ago but frozen nevertheless.

I remember sometimes when we had meals at my grandparents' house (including some Christmas dinners) they would have a bottle of wine for the adults and a bottle of Shloer for the children. I'm sure I was old enough to know better, but I knew it was for us (well one of us at least) because it said so on the bottle: SERVE CHILD (or something like that).

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!