So yesterday, this:
gave me some trouble by refusing to come off the car after I'd removed all the nuts. In the end, thanks to the Internet, I found out that by putting the nuts back on loosely, lowering the jack and driving backwards and forwards, that problem could be resolved and eventually I managed to fit this:
the so-called 'donut' (space-saving spare).
Today, Exile #2 managed to get the large hole repaired and the real wheel back on while Exile #4 was creating a hole of her own and generating this excellent smile:
bringing an end to the current bout of will-my-wobbly-tooth-ever-come-out-itis. I'm sure the next one is not too far away.