Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 4.297: Cars and computers

E5N1 is suddenly very keen on colouring.  So much so, that he has even had the inclination and patience to tackle a few of these huge colouring sheets and do a pretty careful job.  He's very particular about the colours he chooses although he doesn't seem worried about trying to be authentic with them.  This is a new thing - adding to his junk-modelling and other creative endeavours.

I remember, as a child - probably a little older than he is - always wanting to be creating things.  Making models, or designing board games, or whatever.  I was sometimes happy to be doing things on my own as long as other people were around, but would often try and get someone else to join in with my activity.  I see evidence of that in him too.  I spent a large chunk of the day today pair-programming a state-machine with a colleague - creating something from nothing with someone else.  I suppose I haven't really changed that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!