Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 4.300: Know it sounds frunny...


After a rough first week of running after my first 10K race, I had a good run again and decided it would be good to run one more race this year - so I signed up for the inaugural Fall Frun 10K.  So this morning, bright and early (slightly more and less so respectively because of the end of daylight saving time), I made my way to Shenendehowa High School where the gym and the running track were being used for the event.

The actual race was mostly on the public roads of Clifton Park but the end of the race was three-quarters of a lap of the track which was a fun way to end things - I hadn't run on a track for many years.

The race was very well organised and had some fun technology including instant online results during the race and live video streaming.  I don't think it kept Exile #2 and the kids in rapt attention however!  I hung around at the end hoping I'd won the guitar in the draw, but sadly, despite my chances being increased by the dwindling crowds and the must-be-there-to-win rule, I'll have to settle with coming away with a personal best - having knocked a rather pleasing thirty seconds per mile off my time from two weeks ago.

So, after a 195 day furlough for the feature, it's (a fairly simple) pop pun 120 for title watchers like Frun-day morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!