Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 4.309: Xylotechnology

I've got good news and bad news.

Let's get the bad news out of the way. You may have been hearing about nanotechnology at CNSE's NANOvember events and hoping it represents a bright future for mankind, or at least a bright economic future for the Albany area, but I have to tell you nanotechnology is SO last week.

The good news is that week's future is xylotechnology and it too is happening right here in the Capital Region.

Here are a selection of xylotechnology devices - cameras in this case.


They may not be nanotechnology, but they are quite small.  The one at the bottom left is the 'compact'.  I know what you're thinking, "Why is the one on the right slightly larger?" - I know I'm right.

Well, whereas the compact camera takes regular pictures as you can see by looking at the screen on the back, the slightly larger one takes a picture of your heart:


As for how it works, I'm afraid that I cannot explain it, but I'm sure the xylotechnology pioneer, E5N1 will be happy to explain it to you if you can drag him away from his craft projects for long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!