Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 5.245: Turkeys might fly

A few months ago, I was running in the early morning when I disturbed a group of turkeys walking along the street. They took one look at me and took off into the air, not just flying, but flying well and strongly and through the trees.

At the weekend, something similar happened except it was a lot further away...and I was pointing my phone camera at them at the time.

So here is evidence that, when we're talking about the wild ones at least, turkeys can fly!


2 comments:

  1. So this evidence contradicts the classic episode of "WKRP in Cincinnati" where their Thanksgiving promotion was to drop live turkeys from a helicopter into a mall parking lot. (Google "wkrp turkey drop".) The station manager's confession: "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha - thanks for that. Here's a clip.

    I think the sort that are eaten at Thanksgiving in the US and Christmas in the UK are more aerodynamically-challenged than the wild ones we get around here!

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!