Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 6.145: A famous composer called Bak

This little house behind the Yeongnamnu pavillion, I was told on a brief post-lunch visit, is preserved as it was the home of a famous composer.



"His name is Bach" is what I heard. Then I realised that they were saying 박 - which as anyone who took my little lesson knows is pronounced nearly the same and is a very common surname here - usually transliterated "Park". At least I don't have to imagine JS Bach living in this hut for part of his life - even though it's in a very beautiful spot.

We walked up the steps towards yet another small temple at the top of the hill. It's not always clear whether you are welcome at these places!


As for the bird at my window, I'll have to leave you hanging a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!