Sunday, May 27, 2007

Day 137: Go turtley crazy

We saw this little chap on the footpath on our post-lunch walk today. Having been fairly closely inspected by everyone he turned (surprisingly-long) tail and headed back to the water. We suspect he's a young snapper but we're certainly not experts. We also heard several American Bullfrogs (and saw one) . Follow the link and check out the tadpole picture - they certainly weren't like that in ponds when I was growing up.

Bird sightings were less exciting in general, but Exile #2 spotted the first hummingbird at a nectar-feeder - others had reported the presence only a couple of weeks ago. I also saw my first Northern Flicker near to church. I was getting there early this morning to join the band - a wonderfully traffic-free journey, leaving Exile #2 and her mum to bring the rest of the Exiles later on.

Well, it's a holiday weekend, so here's pop pun #18 (nobody said I had to like them all, or identify with them) - forget I'm a lady!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!