Thursday, November 1, 2007

Day 295: Driver - wait!

Gasoline comes in three varieties here: unleaded, unleaded and unleaded - or - for a more interesting classification - regular, plus and premium. Some 'gas stations' also stock diesel, but regular readers will excuse me if I just sniff, wipe my eye and ignore that issue. This one has cunningly arranged the pumps in an unusual order so that drivers (most of whom want to buy regular) who are in a hurry, tired or careless have a good chance of putting a different grade in their car and spending more than they intended. Although I was all of the above I managed to do a double-take (three if you count this one) and get it right this morning.

Exile #2 dropped me off at work and continued on to take Exile #4 to school. This evening the whole family came to pick me up (and the girls briefly came into the office). It worked out, but it's quite inconvenient to have only one car.

I managed to fit in a swim of 50 lengths for the second time this evening - a step up from my 44-length one-kilometre swims. Hopefully it will prove a way to put myself to sleep - which odd turn of phrase brings me to Pop pun #36 for title watchers (and a return to traditional form): we can reach our destination, but it's still a ways away.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!