Friday, November 2, 2007

Day 296: Do it yourself?

One of the principles of modern society is that everyone does what they do well, and pays someone else to do the other stuff. I can only assume that the people who put up this sign (phone number disguised by me!) are good at committing crimes, and want to find people who are good at going to prison.

Today was a strange day at work - meetings, travelling to and from meetings and moving out of our office so that the furniture can be replaced and we can move back in Monday. Maybe it's just as well it was a broken-up sort of day. We didn't sleep last well last night and overslept this morning (by an hour - amazingly we still managed to get Exile #3 onto the bus - I'm not sure how). I am very grateful to two colleagues and one of their wives for their transportation assistance today - that made a difference to me and a huge difference to Exile #2. The jury is still out on the car - I didn't hear back today and the service department is closed over the weekend - I would guess that unless something fairly miraculous occurs, we will be a one car family for a week or two at least.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!