Saturday, February 2, 2008

Day 1.023: Ah move Easter!

...Or maybe even an Indian Chief - this is the girls looking at a model of a traditional Iroquois village at the State Museum of New York. Yes, we finally managed an outing en famille. It was an exhibition of models by Joan Steiner that tempted us there - she makes scale models of everyday scenes and famous landmarks, but she makes them from everyday objects, so the arms of an armchair are formed from staplers and a line of birthday candles becomes a picket fence. We thought that the girls would enjoy the challenge of finding the everyday objects in the scene. They did, although Exile #4 was still not entirely well and did not have much energy for anything. You can play along by clicking on the link on this page if you like.

On the way home we caught up with two other long-overdue chores, the second was a trip to the liquor store to refresh the wine cellar - I had a topsy-turvy conversation with the man in the shop who spends his time trying to persuade Americans to try French wines, whereas I am still trying to get an education in American wines (preferably old-world style ones though).

The other one bore a striking resemblance to a fairground ride and indeed is owned by the same people (or family at least) as the rides in the park where we celebrated Exile #3's birthday last summer. It was very much overdue and we are very satisfied with the result. As for what it was... Well, pop pun #43 for title watchers will tell you: you might not ever get rich, but let me tell ya it's better than diggin' a ditch.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. And the boss don't mind sometimes if you're acting like a fool?

    Just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you suggesting?

    I work (and work) my fingers to the bone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm showing my ignorance but I didn't know you could have old world American wines. How does that work then? Anything older that 200 years?

    A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Old-world-style - I meant that I like French-style reds because don't like my red-wine too much like drinking Ribena or grape-juice. I hope I described it better to the man at the store, otherwise who knows what I ended up buying.

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!