Saturday, February 9, 2008

Day 1.030: Rivers psychology

At lunchtime today I made an aside about "Oranges and Lemons" (because we had pink lemonade and orange juice cartons on the table). We couldn't remember one line of the popular nursery rhyme, so I went (I am turning into my father) to find a book to check. Having established that Stepney's bells ask "when will that be", Exile #3 prompted me to read some more. Finally, I happened upon this one, which appealed to my punning nature and amused Exile #3 who is starting to get a handle on such word-play or pretends to for my sake.

After lunch we dragged ourselves out in the falling snow for a walk at Five Rivers - although it is about 5 minutes away we haven't been for quite a while. Exile #3 started a snowball fight or two or three and coped well with the inevitable snowball-in-the-face.

Soon after we got back home, one of our friends from church came to mind the kids while Exile #2 and I went out to a progressive lunch date-night for the mothers of pre-schoolers (MOPS) and associated fathers (fops one and all). In the end we could have done with a few glasses sixteen feet deep not to mention whale-swallowing appetites as four of the seven couple due to be attending dropped out at short notice leaving us slightly over-catered. No matter, we had a good time and as a social event the small numbers probably made it more successful.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I don't know whether to be flattered or to offer my commiserations.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps you and Mum can join me in commiserating with Exile #2 :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!