Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 1.032: Charge!

While you may remember this battle cry from the baseball season, or imagine the girls shouting it as they ran down this snowy path on Saturday, actually I had a more negative connotation in mind.

This morning, after we somehow contrived to miss the school bus and spend a fruitless and very cold ten minutes or more waiting at the end of the drive I packed the girls into the car to take them to school.

Fifteen minutes later they were still sitting in the back of the car in the garage because the car wouldn't start thanks to a flat battery. No matter, because of earlier problems I have a charger and managed to get going. We were only a few minutes late getting to school and the car started fine to get me to work.

This evening, I returned to it with some trepidation. Sure enough, it would not start, fortunately with the help of a colleague and two strangers, two other vehicles with working batteries and a set of jump-leads/booster-cables I eventually got it going and it got me home. The charger tells me the battery is now "FUL", so if it doesn't do its job tomorrow, maybe it's time to take more drastic action.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!