Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 1.163: Apple ale and viz. it

As I promised yesterday here are some pictures from yesterday afternoon - click on the four-year-old for more.

We had a nice day today involving a hasty retreat from a serious thunderstorm, a very slow lunch, a crowded museum and a close brush with a tornado.

The retreat was from our own garage back into the house, the lunch and museum were in Saratoga Springs, the tornado passed over our route home an hour or so after we crossed its path but didn't touch down as far as I can discover.

Exile #2 has been feeling worse than she has for about a week today - a combination of her allergic rash which is driving her mad and her antihistamines which are making her alternately high and drowsy. We're all really hoping to have her back to full strength soon.

Finally, a picture from today (for the first time in ages I failed to take my camera with me so it's a phone-camera photo) - the girls did an elaborate multiple-scene play involving the perilous existence of a penguin. Throughout, regardless of other elements of the costume she was wearing, Exile #4 wore the same footwear - before finally swapping them for some patent leather tap shoes for the closing number - so here is knight in shining armour and flippers...

2 comments:

  1. Great photos! Who enjoyed the waltzers more, you or the girls?

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, we all had a great time. In fact one of the rides we revisited again was a spinning tea-cup style ride where you choose how fast to spin yourself by turning the wheel in the centre (or not). Last year I tormented the girls by spinning it, and this year I started the same way. About halfway through the ride I caught Exile #2's eye who was worried about whether I was over-doing it for Exile #4 who was hunched up against me.

    What she didn't realise was that I was by then just a passenger and it was Exile #4 herself who was now tormenting Exile #3 and me by spinning it as fast as she could (i.e. very fast indeed!).

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!