Thursday, August 21, 2008

Day 1.223: It started with my sis'...

...who suggested that her son might like a glove and ball as a belated birthday present (this was as we were leaving the game last week).

So today we went to the mall (not something we do very often) and shopped for baseball equipment. Having picked out a glove, we realised that the girls had found some that they liked. Then we realised that they would need someone to play catch with and so on.

Who'd have thought it would come to this? (Roll mouse over to see what I'm getting at!)

We ended up with six gloves and seven balls (although we only bought five and four respectively ourselves). Yes, the girls did choose pink ones with LEDs that flash when you make a catch. The average price paid was only a little over $15 per glove, so I think we did OK. We had a very good game of catch afterwards. This evening my brother-in-law cooked curry while my sister read stories to the girls and Exile #2 and I went out to buy picnic food for tomorrow. After a lovely meal and some wine, we played some Rock Band - what else do we need for it to be the perfect day?

Ah, yes a pop pun of course! It's pop pun 72 for title watchers: you don't remember it, do you?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I think this could be one for N to rack up her tally of pop puns! I reckon she knows this one...

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought that it would come to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schuck... Andy beat me to it!
    N

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!