Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 2.008: Anas clypeata

We'd had a couple more inches of snow overnight. Here is Exile #2, posing triumphantly having cleared the drive. We could now give a ski report for our yard: 8 inches of base, 2 inches of powder, all trails open. I can now fill the bird feeder without difficulty and without lifting the feeder down because even the compacted snow where I stand is giving me a much needed extra few inches of elevation.

The kids all had a good time in the snow before retreating to watch The Wizard of Oz (recorded on the DVR before Christmas and watched at least twice so far). Later Exile #2 and I played Quiddler, a word-play card game sent by my sister for my birthday. It was rather good, so we immediately started a second game, but then left it mid-way through to go to the church gathering. We just finished and stand at one-all so far.

Talking of word-play, title watchers: who's this bird?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!