Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 2.001: New year - new snow

The Exile is two years old. Two years ago, the winter had brought virtually no snow by this point and temperatures were generally well above freezing. Today I shovelled six inches of fresh snow off the remaining layer of ice, throwing it onto and over the piles of snow still remaining from the previous two storms.

Exile #4 came out with me, and before I started shovelling provided a few excellent photo opportunities. This is my first RAW shot (it's a bit like developing your own film for the digital age).
Apart from shovelling and continuing to play with my new toy, I've put up the last blind in the 'playroom' and had a video-call with my parents. This evening, we had a pot-luck dinner at church. A good day all round.

Thank you for reading during the last two years and for your comments (whether posted, emailed or made in person). I'm still enjoying writing. I never dreamed I would write every day for two years when I started! Onward into the third year...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. that's really great photo. colour of the snow is spot on !

    and hoorah for your daily updates. long may they continue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the picture exile 3 not 4?

    Bry

    ReplyDelete
  3. No it's definitely Exile #4 - they do increasingly resemble each other though.

    Thanks FP!

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!