Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 2.046: This does not auger well

No I'm not making some linguistic faux-pas about the economy - rather I'm referring to my inability to shift this plastic fish from the depths of the toilet in the main bathroom for the last few weeks.

Several times I have used my most recently acquired DIY plumbing tool (a 'maintenance grade' toilet auger) to unblock it, only for it to be blocked again within a couple of days. This week we gave up and Exile #2 called a plumber who eventually found this.

Imagine my delight on returning from work (via taking the girls to their skating lesson) to find not only a fixed plumbing issue, but this chap just waiting to have his picture taken for tonight's post. Happy days indeed.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

  1. quite how big is that fish ? did someone swallow it at some point ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Presumably its a crappie fish (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crappie), unless it just decided to perch in the pan...

    A

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about two inches long - I don't think it was swallowed - just mis-plaiced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was it flounder-ing around?

    A

    ReplyDelete
  5. methyl isobutyl ketone would have dissolved that nicely.

    Phil M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. MIBK would probably have worked - and I could have come by some. Not sure about the legality or morality of pouring it down the drains though :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!