Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 2.315: Going digital

A few people have started asking about whether we have any Christmas gift requests/ideas. Don't you know that we're not allowed to think about 'the Holidays' until Thanksgiving is out of the way*? Anyway - I can now reveal my ambition for Christmas - I want one of these**. No more analogue coffee for me - I want to be 100% digital.

Actually, I took the picture in Walmart, where I was picking up a DVD of "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" for family movie afternoon - which was enjoyed by everyone - although E5N1 really was only interested when there was either an owl or a train on screen.

The rest of the day was spent doing chores - raking a load more leaves, setting up Exile #2's new exceptionally-cute netbook (to replace the laptop we bought from my company when it was three years old and being replaced - which now has a dead battery as well as broken hinges), sorting her out with a new phone handset (another dead battery - but a recycled phone this time) - she's getting quite digital herself, and making E5N1 a new duvet cover (so he doesn't have to resort to pink fairies).

Exile #2 and I celebrated finally getting E5N1 to stop getting out of bed with a game of Blokus - we haven't played for a while, Quiddler having become our quick game of choice of late - but it really is an excellent game despite our continuing lack of expertise.

* For another take on this - enjoy these contributions from one of my favourite blogs.

** Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!