Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 3.059: The grass is always greener...

...where it's been covered with snow for three months?

Today was eventful even before the girls had left for school.

Exile #2 came upstairs while I was putting my shoes on ready to go outside with the girls and said that E5N1 was out there with them.

"What - in his pajamas?" I asked.

"He's got boots on!"  Oh, that's OK then.



The girls, having complained that their 'chocolate' was frozen, managed to fill their buckets with it, then went off in search of some soft snow.


Meanwhile, I was musing about this bit of ice overhanging the driveway.  Three months ago, we had our first decent snowfall and in the process of shovelling it, we accidentally made it hard for me to get the car out of the garage.  This piece is the last evidence of this difficult period, so naturally I broke it off.


The real surprise was how green the grass underneath was - nothing like the dead brown of the rest of the lawn.  I suppose it's true what I'd heard about snow protecting grass from the worst of the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!