Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 3.067: Two signs of spring

Now that robins and bluebirds have started over-wintering here, we have to look for different signs of spring.

I encountered two today - these flowers on the boundary between our yard and our neighbour's (I know they're only snowdrops, but I'll take what I can get at this stage) and a lot of motorbikes on the road.

Now, I have no problem with people motorcycling and I hope I am a courteous and careful driver around them, but pulling wheelies at 65 mph on a busy highway at dusk can't be a great idea surely? Still, it's probably not as bad as standing up on your bike, squeezing your hand into your jeans pocket, pulling out your phone, sitting back down, sending a quick text, standing up and putting it back in your pocket - as I saw someone do on the same stretch of road going about 60 mph last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!