Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 3.143: With electric brains

A couple of weeks ago, this electric-brained chap joined John and John on the mantelpiece - one of the many craft projects from the little preschool playgroup that Exile #2 organises at church. E5N1 is always very pleased with his creations.

Today I had a comment from someone asking about how many people the blog 'reaches' - a very interesting question. I had no idea and frankly still don't pretend to really understand - but this is what histats and feedburner are able to tell me:


  • I have 40 subscribers to the blog feed.
  • Daily 20-60 different people* visit the site.
  • In the last 30 days that amounts to 250 different people.
  • In the last 120 days, 800 different people.
* By 'different people' I really mean unique IP addresses - one person logging in from multiple addresses, or with an address that changes, will register several times, whereas several people at a single (e.g. work-place) IP address may only register as a single hit.

Whatever all these numbers really mean, I am astonished, humbled and delighted that anyone at all takes the time to read the nonsense that I write here each day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!