Saturday, November 13, 2010

Day 3.307: Early adopter

I've never been a particularly early adopter of technology - at least, not for a while. I did queue up to buy my ZX Spectrum pretty much as soon as it became available in 1982 (it was the 48K version too - no messing around with 16K), but after that things went downhill. I got my first mobile (cell) phone in 2000 and my first (and only to-date) digital music player in 2006.

However, we obtained Kinect - the motion-gaming controller for Xbox 360 - a week after its US launch and are thoroughly enjoying this technology. We have been throwing ourselves around to the mini-games that make up Kinect Adventures for a couple of evenings in a row, and today we introduced the kids to Kinectimals and they have been loving adopting their cuddly big-cat cubs. Here is Exile #3 with her lion cub Leo. The other new members of the family are a leopard cub called Sunshine and Fluffy, a young black panther. So now, we are all early adopters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!