Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 5.119: Left on their own: devices

I was invited to attend parent-child night at E5N1's school this evening.  This was an opportunity to see what he has been doing and let him show me as many 'works' as he could fit into our 30 minutes.

It would be an ideal photo opportunity, but amongst the two full letter-sized pages of typed instructions we received was this:

Cameras, video reorders,any recording devices are not permitted.

So, I had to take this in the car before we went in:


In the end, I watched him do seven activities.  It was great to watch him walking around the room choosing something to do, bringing it, working through it and then packing it up neatly and putting it away.

He's become a real Montessori child  - I'm sure his arrival at Kindergarten will be a big shock for them both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!