Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Day 188: In the garage

Garage is a word that has caused its fair share of problems since we arrived. I pronounce it GA-ridge, my Dad would pronounce it GA-rahje, but here it's ger-AHje. Oh well, whatever you call it, I spent a very satisfying hour and a half clearing it this evening such that the van fits in (as you can see) and the Jetta will go in once the unfinished furniture (also pictured) has finished being finished (just a rub-down and a final coat of goop to go).

This means that we only have one significant pile of unsorted stuff - in one bedroom. That's still plenty of work, but at least the house is starting to be usable as we intend it to be used. I spoke to the museum about the camera again. If anyone is going from near Amherst, MA to near Albany, NY and would like to offer to collect it for me please let me know! Otherwise, I'm waiting to hear from them about sending it to me - it seems likely we'll sort it out eventually. Until then it's going to be old pictures and dodgy mobile phone shots I'm afraid.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. That is amazing that they found your cam and called about it. That is great news. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm heather ray is moving to boston on august 4th and i'm pretty sure that amherst is kinda on the way, if i were you i'd try to talk to her and see if she or one of the people helping her aren't willing to pick it up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I've just had a call from the museum and they're sending the camera back to me - hooray!

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!