Monday, July 23, 2007

Day 194: Pirate week

The girls' two weeks of camp went by in a flash. They brought us lots of great songs and rhymes and a few nice artworks. They were also very tired by the time we got home with them in the afternoon. No doubt they had mixed feelings about being at home today and they were slightly disappointed that after space week and jungle week they would be missing pirate week.

Here is the result - it was day one of Pirate Week at home - complete with lots of Arrrr! They also made treasure maps. Exile #3's included 'blood dripping down' slightly disturbingly, but she was quite cheerful in describing it to me - it's like rain drops with blood in. Thanks.

I finished my re-reading of Harry Potter 6 yesterday and bought the new one today. I haven't heard any spoilers yet, now I just need to find time to read it before I do.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I think "Pirate Week" is a great idea. So much so that I've decided to have a "Pirate Day" at home as I'm working from home today. I'm getting used to the stuffed parrot on my shoulder as I type but I'm finding the eye patch gets in the way a little while reading the computer screen. I can avoid falling in the water by wheeling my office chair to the door before getting off onto dry land. What fun!! Wish I was a kid again!. Gillian

    ReplyDelete

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!