Saturday, July 28, 2007

Day 198: Branching out

Exile #2 woke feeling really ill today. I decided to stay at home and do my best to get some work done. I actually did OK in the end - the girls were very good at getting on with things while I sat at my laptop and Exile #2 surfaced by lunchtime. Late in the afternoon it was my turn to be flattened by what I suppose was a migraine - not that I've had one for a long time.

Being at home earlier in the day had its advantages - I was able to encourage Exile #3 up this tree and then help her down again. This evening we went to return some unsuitable window-coverings to the store and buy something else in preparation for our visitors next month. On the way home we all sang along with the first 5 or 6 songs on the new Kaiser Chiefs album. Exile #3 greeted each track with "I like this one" or "I love this one"

After the girls went to bed, Exile #2 and I sat on our old somehow-much-more-cosy-than-before sofas by our new rug and I finished off Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Don't worry those including Exile #2 who have not read it yet - I'll say no more about it.

I did get a good night's sleep last night, but I'm still feeling a bit drained after this afternoon - hopefully another good night will finish the job.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!