Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day 249: Four-door run-around

Here is Exile #3 on our walk yesterday proudly demonstrating that this is no longer the correct way over the river. She was first to identify that this wooden structure was the remnants of a bridge. Other options for crossing exist.

Our day took an unexpected turn when the electricity went off at 4.30 pm. We found ourselves with no TV, internet or phone (except mobiles). We had no power to cook any food so we decided to go out - now, we just had to get the garage door open. If this happens in the winter, we'd better make sure we've got plenty of logs to burn - the fire is the only thing that will work. We got the car out and by the time we got home the power was back on.

This morning I was left in charge at church by our travelling Lead Pastor. Did I become an adult at some point without anyone telling me? I'm back on the road myself tomorrow. I won't be taking my small commuting car with me - but that wasn't really the point anyway, was it?
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use Name/URL (just a name of any kind is fine) unless you really want to be anonymous!